Remember to click G+1 if you like a post... It will make me happy :-)

29 March 2015

How to cure colour-blindness

Call me an old cynic, but I couldn't believe my eyes (pun intended) when I saw the following video earlier this week. A paint company has apparently manufactured some glasses that help the colour-blind to see the world differently. Is it a cure to the affliction that has been with me since birth? There's only one way to find out...

This video brought a tear to my eye (pun intended). A big thanks to +Kryptyk Physh for bringing it to my attention.

I personally am very sceptical of what this video is showing, but despite my misgivings over the glasses themselves and the sickly "pull-at-your-heartstrings" sentimentality of the directing, I applaud Valspar for raising awareness of colour-blindness. Well done Valspar!

I write this post with that same aim. Colour-blindness affects 8% of males and 0.4% of females. There is no known cure. Please give generously.

28 March 2015

Brian Carver Unboxing

No, no, no, this is not an unboxing of Brian Carver; This is an unboxing of the Brian Carver Banjo Kit that recently arrived in the post.

Here's the parcel that cost me a small fortune to have shipped over from the States. What a bloody customs and excise minefield! Never mind... I'm sure I've learnt my lesson. Inside is a Banjo Kit supplied by Brian Carver. Brian's made a plywood box to ship his kit in. Brilliant!

You can find more about the kit and Brian on his blog.

When I got chatting with Brian he told me that he's been building for about 10 years, selling his 99th banjo last month. His kits have been a runaway success; He sold 30 of them in 30 days! That's a lot of banjos! Brian says that he usually only makes about 10 a year. That's only about 10 more than me. ;-)