Remember to click G+1 if you like a post... It will make me happy :-)

5 July 2011

Sheet Music - "I See Ice"

It's been a while since I stuck up any sheet music covers. Here are some that I've been meaning to post for some time.

George Formby - Mother What'll I Do Now?, A.T.P. 1938
George Formby - Mother What'll I Do Now?, A.T.P. 1938
Words & Music by Fred Cliffe & George Formby


Today's theme is George Formby, and more specifically the songs that appeared in the 1938 film I See Ice, released by Associated Talking Pictures. Surprisingly, I don't have a great deal of George's sheet music; These are the only three pieces that I've got... and they're all from the same film! What are the odds of that?

Featured by George Formby in the Associated Talking Pictures 'I See Ice'


George Formby - Noughts and Crosses, A.T.P. 1938
George Formby - Noughts and Crosses, A.T.P. 1938
Words & Music by Roma Campbell-Hunter & Harry Parr-Davies


George Formby - In My Little Snapshot Album, A.T.P. 1938
George Formby - In My Little Snapshot Album, A.T.P. 1938
Words & Music by Jimmy Harper, Will Haines & Harry Parr-Davies
George Formby - Mother What'll I Do Now? (Back Cover), A.T.P. 1938
George Formby - Mother What'll I Do Now? (Back Cover), A.T.P. 1938

George Formby - In My Little Snapshot Album (Back Cover), A.T.P. 1938
George Formby - In My Little Snapshot Album (Back Cover), 
A.T.P. 1938


A Word to Parents from
Horatio Nicholls
The Popular Composer

It is ridiculous to presume that your child does not love the piano. All children do. To be able to play thrills them - develops their personality - and puts them a step ahead.

There's something else wrong, then, if your boy or girl is "not taking to music." Most probably the book of instruction.

Get the Wright Pianoforte Tutor, which is psychologically correct. Its clear explanations and attractive exercises quickly lead to fascinating melodies. Boredon vanishes. The learner triumphs and begins to realise the joy of accomplishment that follows patience and practice.

I know of no talent so valuable as piano playing - I know of no book more valuable for inspiring that talent.

No comments:

Post a Comment