Remember to click G+1 if you like a post... It will make me happy :-)

16 May 2012

Cosmic Swell

I've just had one of those happy freaky moments where things came together for no apparent reason.

You're travelling to another dimension, a dimension
not only of sight and sound... but of mind.
A journey into a wondrous land, whose boundaries
are only that of the imagination... you're entering...
the Ukulele Zone

Let me explain...

I've been getting all excited about taking my family down to the Ukulele Festival of Great Britain in a fortnight. I haven't been to one of these types of events before so I'm quite looking forward to finding out what it's all about.  In all the excitement of the build-up, I've been a bit rash and bought my kids a ukulele each. Have you heard the saying about a fool and his money? Yeah... well that's me that is!

My daughter is getting one of these:

Smiley Face Ukulele
Mahalo U-40SM

And my son is getting one of these:

Mahalo Flying V Style 2018 Ukulele

He surprised me by picking a flying V. We were scanning through loads of pictures of ukes and as soon as he saw the V, that was all he wanted. My boy! I posted a picture up on Google+ and within minutes I got tagged in a post with this wonderful picture:


KING UKE MEETS THE COSMIC SWELL
+King Uke ILUSTRATION OF THE FLYING V
UKELELE BY SHANKTI OVIEDO 2012

What a great concept! I'm truly honoured! Thank you brother Shankti!

The power of the flying V is a force to be reckoned with!

2 comments:

  1. I love the smiley face uke and the poster with the flying V reminds me of a boomerang,but I do live in Oz.-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The smiley is cool Daz. It's right up my daughter's street. And I could be wrong, but I think that the double sound-hole is unique. I need to check my patents out ;-)

    If I ever travel through space and time then I'll definitely do it in Shankti's flying V-ship! And if it's got boomerang-like qualities... at least I know I'll be coming back!

    ReplyDelete